Welcome to Rare Pair Exchange 2013
This is our second Multi-fandom Rare Pair Exchange on Livejournal.
1. This fest is to celebrate rare pairs in ALL fandoms. Canon or non-canon pairings are welcome.
2. For the purpose of this fest, a rare pair will be defined as a pairing that has less than 250 COMPLETED works of 1000 words or greater. Fandoms of any size are welcome.
3. Pairings can also include threesomes/moresomes.
4. You must have an Archive of Our Own (AO3) account to participate. If you do not have one, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you would like us to send the invite.
5. Before signups, we will have a nomination period for people to pick fandoms and relationships that they would like included in the fest. Each person can nominate five fandoms and five pairings. Please only nominate fandoms that you plan to offer to write or request to have written for you. Fandoms that only have one pairing nominated by the end of the nomination period will be removed from the tag list to prevent confusion as signups require at least two pairings per fandom.
6. In your signup, do not imply rank for pairings or otherwise specify a favorite pairing. There is no need to make the person you are assigned feel bad if you want something they are not comfortable writing. You can edit/delete your signup until signups close. There will be an option where you can select to request/offer ANY of the nominated pairings. Please don't select the option if you are not truly open to all of them.
7. Requester - Signups must include 3-5 fandoms from our list of nominated fandoms and participants must pick 2-5 relationships from each fandom. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be matched on fandom and pairing alone. While the description section is optional, we strongly suggest you include squicks. Other things to consider are the inclusion of general likes, rating restrictions, prompt ideas, or anything else you’d like the writer to know. However, please remember that these are optional for the person assigned to you. If you have a lot to say, consider linking to a letter in your own journal with the extra details (like with Yuletide).
8. Offerer - You may offer between 3-10 fandoms with between 2 and 10 pairings per fandom. You can also choose to offer to write "any" pairing in a given fandom. Only sign up for fandoms you are comfortable writing. You are not obligated to write ALL pairings. Pick whatever you are comfortable with. You don’t have to write the fandom/pairing you were matched on if something else listed the person requested interests you. The only requirement is that the pairing is one requested and that none of the squicks be included. While it is not required, if possible use one of the requested prompts if provided. While the author will not be bound by the scenarios, creating something that blatantly disregards the recipient's likes/dislikes will not be accepted.
9. Crossover pairings are not allowed as part of your main signup; however, you can include such preferences in the optional description section of your signup. We will not match you on this, and it’s up to the discretion of the person assigned to you whether they decide that they’re up to such a challenge. There are no guarantees you will get a crossover if you request one.
10. If you have a problem with, any questions about, or cannot complete your assignment, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
11. This is an exchange fest, which means you must produce a fic for someone else. If you withdraw, it is harder for everyone involved. So please, think carefully if you have the time before signing up. If you withdraw and the person assigned to create something for you withdraws, you will not be assigned a pinch hitter. If you discover after signing up that you can't finish the fic in time, contact the moderators as soon as possible.
12. In the event we have issues matching someone, they will go out as a pinch hit right away. You can find the pinch hits here https://groups.google.com/group/rare-pa
13. Due to the nature of this fest, it is hard for extensions to be given. If you know you are going to default (not turn in your assignment by the due date), but can't finish your fic before reveals, please contact us immediately and send us your unfinished work. If you don’t have anything started or do not contact us, your assignment will automatically go up for pinch hits, and you will not be able to participate in the next fest.
14. NO WANK! Be respectful. Please realize that everyone has different likes/interests/dislikes.
1. All fics have to be a minimum of 1,000 words. There is no maximum word count.
2. No RPF.
3. Submissions may be any rating.
4. Submissions may be slash, het, femslash, or any combination of the aforementioned.
5. Betas are not required but strongly encouraged. Submissions with excessive spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors will be rejected. If your submission is rejected for this reason you can resubmit it after you've corrected your mistakes. We will have a beta sign up post for those that will need one.
6. As this is an anonymous exchange, do not post your story anywhere else or reveal your recipient to anyone until authors are revealed. After reveals you are welcome to post anywhere.
7. Stories can't be part of a previously posted series.
- June 1 through June 15th - Nomination Period
- June 17 through June 28 - Signups open
- July 1 - Assignments will be sent out by this date
- August 16 - Fics are due
- August 19 - Works are revealed
- August 28th - Authors are revealed
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions/comments/concerns. We do not know about issues unless we are told. We promise not to bite. At least not hard. :)